A rugged, spring-loaded, remotely line-triggered and highly reliable non-explosive wire cutter for silently cutting command wire, arming wire or pull cord command lines
NSN No: 1385-99-979-8746
The Korona wire cutter is a simple tool for rapid deployment during routine route clearance and isolation of vulnerable points by dismounted troops.
- Manual spring-wound firing mechanism
- Trigger weight of 786g (28oz)
- Silent operation
- Ceramic blades cut a 14mm section out of the wire, preventing any possible
- Short-circuit activating the IED
- Remaining wire is released
- Cuts multi-stranded copper core wire upto 7mm diameter
- Blades rotate to offer multiple fresh cutting edges
- Blades are easily replaced in minutes
- Non-conductive chemical-resistant mechanism and housing
- Sealed mechanism to prevent ingress of sand and dust
- Double safety mechanism to prevent misfire
- Tether points to anchor cutter and prevent pull back of wire when blades slice through the wire
Weight Full kit – 1.1Kg (2.4lbs) Cutter only – 553g (19.5oz)
Dimensions 270mm long (armed), 220 mm long (unarmed) 40mm diameter (10.6” armed, 8.6” unarmed, 1.6” diameter)
Construction Non-conductive chemical-resistant casing, ceramic blades
KORONA kit comprises
- Wire cutter
- Ceramic blades
- 50m high performance pulling line & carabiner
- Allen key
- Non-conductive ground anchors
- Leg pouch for carrying and stowing all components
You may also be interested in...
A vehicle mounted, software-configured wide-band RF inhibitor providing an effec...
In service with the UK MoD and security agencies around the world, the ABP Crimp...
Exceptionally versatile, Guardian can deploy a range of weapons and tools to car...